- Debone the chicken thighs and place skin-side down onto cling film. Season.
- Cut the Fourme d’Ambert into 4 sticks. Place these inside the thighs and season.
- Tightly wrap the ballotines in cling film. Repeat the process twice more to ensure that the ballotines remain firmly shut. Simmer in a pan of water for 45 minutes. Leave to cool. Unwrap the ballotines. Pan-sea to give a good colour.
- Use the chicken bones to make gravy.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice and however your inspiration guides you.
The recipe for Chicken Ballotine stuffed with La Fourme d’Ambert is taken from the book “Livret recettes Loire Atlantique”. It is a chicken with cheese recipe created by Emmanuel BIGLIARDI of the Restaurant Le Squar.
Le Squar – 14 rue Jemmapes – 44000 Nantes – Tél. 02 40 35 98 09