To make the poached pears :
- Boil together the Muscadet and sugar to form a syrup.
- Peel the pears and immerse in the Muscadet syrup for 20 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the pears and place on a piece of absorbent kitchen paper and keep at room temperature.
To make the La Fourme d’Ambert croustillant :
- Gently heat the cream with a small square of Fourme d’Ambert. Crush the walnut kernels and gently dry-roast until lightly browned.
- Add the walnut pieces to the cream and pour into small, flexible silicone semi-sphere moulds.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Prepare three separate dishes: 1 for the flour, 1 for the beaten eggs, and 1 for the breadcrumbs. Remove the Fourme from the flexible moulds, pair them together to make a ball and cover in breadcrumbs by rolling each one in flour, then egg batter, then breadcrumbs.
To serve :
- Cut the pears at ¼ distance from the base and use a melon baller to scoop out the seeded centres.
- Heat the oil at 180°C and deep-fry the Fourme balls for 4-5 minutes. Place the balls in the centre of the pears and serve on a bed of lamb’s lettuce.
Muscadet-poached Pear with a Fourme d’Ambert croustillant centre is a recipe taken form the “Livret recettes Loire Atlantique”. It is a cheese dessert recipe created by Sebastien Tnébaud of the Villa belle Rive restaurant.
Villa Belle Rive – 12 promenade de Bellevue – 44980 Ste Luce sur loire – 02.40.25.42.36 –firstname.lastname@example.org – http://restaurant-villabellerive.fr