To make the poached pears :
- Boil together the Muscadet and sugar to form a syrup.
- Peel the pears and immerse in the Muscadet syrup for 20 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the pears and place on a piece of absorbent kitchen paper and keep at room temperature.
To make the La Fourme d’Ambert croustillant :
- Gently heat the cream with a small square of Fourme d’Ambert. Crush the walnut kernels and gently dry-roast until lightly browned.
- Add the walnut pieces to the cream and pour into small, flexible silicone semi-sphere moulds.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Prepare three separate dishes: 1 for the flour, 1 for the beaten eggs, and 1 for the breadcrumbs. Remove the Fourme from the flexible moulds, pair them together to make a ball and cover in breadcrumbs by rolling each one in flour, then egg batter, then breadcrumbs.
To serve :
- Cut the pears at ¼ distance from the base and use a melon baller to scoop out the seeded centres.
- Heat the oil at 180°C and deep-fry the Fourme balls for 4-5 minutes. Place the balls in the centre of the pears and serve on a bed of lamb’s lettuce.