FOCACCIA with caramelized onions, pears and fourme d’ambert
Difficulty level : Medium
90 min in total
For 4 serves
- 200 g of AOP Fourme d’Ambert
- 260 g flour
- 1 sachet (6 g) dry baker’s yeast
- 16 cl of warm water
- 35 ml of olive oil + 3 tbs
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 red onion
- 1 pear
- 2 branches of rosemary
- Dilute the sugar and yeast with warm water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Slice the onion and peel off the rosemary.
- Heat a little olive oil, add the minced onion and sprinkle with 2 tsp of sugar. Continue cooking 10 minutes over low heat to caramelize the onion. Reserve.
- Gradually incorporate flour and salt as well as olive oil into the yeast mixture. Knead the dough about 10 minutes by hand or robot.
- Cover the dough and let rise 1h30 at room temperature.
- Cut the AOP Fourme d’Ambert into large cubes, the pear into slices.
- Spread the dough on a plate covered with parchment paper, arrange the cubes of AOP Fourme d’Ambert by pushing them into the dough.
- Form holes in the dough with your fingers and brush with olive oil.
- Divide the caramelized onions, rosemary leaves, pear slices and finish with salt.
- Bake in the oven 25 minutes.