- Melt the butter, add the flour and brown on a low heat, add the warmed milk to make a béchamel.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until they form soft peaks.
- Take the béchamel off the flame; add the egg yolks and the Fourme d’Ambert then gently spoon in the egg whites. Season.
- Peel, core and chop the pears. Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Sweat the onions in butter. Add the pears, sugar, vinegar and spices then cook on a low heat for 1 hour. Remove the cardamom seeds and the star anise. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper then set to one side.
To serve :
- Butter the ramekins, add the soufflé mix filling to the top, then run a finger around the top edge of the ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
Serve hot with the chutney on the side.