Chicken Ballotine stuffed with La Fourme d’Ambert
Difficulty level : Medium
45 min in total
For 4 serves
- approx. 200 g Fourme d’Ambert.
- 4 free-range chicken thighs
- Seasonal vegetables
- Salt, pepper
- Debone the chicken thighs and place skin-side down onto cling film. Season.
- Cut the Fourme d’Ambert into 4 sticks. Place these inside the thighs and season.
- Tightly wrap the ballotines in cling film. Repeat the process twice more to ensure that the ballotines remain firmly shut. Simmer in a pan of water for 45 minutes. Leave to cool. Unwrap the ballotines. Pan-sea to give a good colour.
- Use the chicken bones to make gravy.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice and however your inspiration guides you.